I know it’s still a bit early but one of my favorite seasonal desserts is pumpkin pie. The spices are just so warm that make it perfect for colder weather. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a bad pumpkin pie, but I am sure it exists. Anyway here is a classic recipe that you cannot go wrong with. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tsp salt $1-2
- 3/4 cup sugar $2-3
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon $2-3
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger $2-3
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves $2-3
- 12 oz evaporated milk $2-3
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (canned or homemade) $3-4
- 2 eggs $2-3
- 1 raw pie crust $3-4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add pumpkin and sugar mixture to eggs and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir in milk and stir until creamy.
- If your pie crust didn’t come with a pan, put it into a non-stick sprayed pan.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until middle is set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.