I only recently discovered the avocado and while I have to admit, they are quite bland when by themselves, they are perfect for guacamole. I love guacamole or guac for short. It goes great with many occasions from casual family dinner to a sports game party. You can also modify this recipe in many different ways because avocados are very flexible. Enjoy!
- 4 avocados (ripened) (halved) (pit and skin removed) $4-5
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) $2-3
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and diced) (optional) $1-2
- 1/8 cup cilantro (chopped) $2-3
- 1/4 cup red onion $2-3
- 2 limes $2-3
- salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Mash with a fork to combine.
- Add the juice of the limes.
- Use fork to combine until creamy.