I don’t know about you but I love a good salad. There is just something about a good salad that makes me feel healthy and good for eating healthy. There are many ways to make a salad unhealthy, but this salad is not unhealthy. The addition of protein makes it even better. This salad does require a little bit of preparation but it is definitely worth it. This recipe is also good for families because it can be hard to get children to eat vegetables. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast (skinless) (boneless) $5-6
- 4 cups of spinach (you can use lettuce if you prefer) $3-4
- 2 avocados (pitted, peeled and sliced) $2-3
- 2 green onions (chopped) $2-3
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half) $3-4
- 1 cup feta cheese $2-3
- 1 cup buffalo ranch dressing (such as Kraft or Wishbone) $2-3
- Cook chicken in a skillet on medium-high heat with some oil until brown on both sides and no longer pink in the middle (5-6 minutes per side).
- Cut chicken into strips and put aside.
- In medium size container combine spinach, avocados, green onions, tomatoes and cheese.
- Add ranch dressing and toss salad to coat everything.
- Place chicken strips across top of salad.