So I have a confession to make, I actually do not care for peanut butter cookies. However I am aware that I am in the monitory on this and just because I do not like something doesn’t mean I cannot share a great recipes for it. This is a good family recipe or even something to take to a work event. People go crazy for peanut butter, for whatever reason. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted) (softened) $2-3
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth) $2-3
- 3/4 brown sugar $2-3
- 1/4 cup sugar $2-3
- 1 large egg $2-3
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour $2-3
- 1 tsp vanilla extract $2-3
- 1/2 tsp baking soda $2-3
- 1/4 tsp salt $2-3
- sugar for garnish (optional)
Servings: 1 dozen (12) cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to combine peanut butter, sugar, butter, and brown sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until creamy and smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper roughly 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top starts to get brown.