Skeptical? I was to at first. This is probably the best recipe I have tried for a complete and accurate chicken Alfredo made in a slow cooker. This recipe is also great because there is no prep work involved and little adjustment needed. This is a great recipe for families or if you are busy and on the go constantly. Enjoy!
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless) (skinless) $4-6
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth $2-3
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream $2-3
- 4 tbsp butter $2-3
- 2 cloves garlic (minced) $2-3
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning $1-2
- 1 lb penne pasta $2-3
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated) $3-4
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, heavy cream, butter and broth to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- Take chicken out and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Put pasta into slow cooker and cook on high for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn slow cooker off and put chicken back in.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to mixture. Stir to combine.