There is probably no combination I love more than spinach and feta or any other salty cheese. There is just something about the sweetness of the spinach with the saltiness of the feta that I love. This is a good family recipe as well as a good recipe if you are hosting a brunch for friends. This is also good for making if you require large quantities and is very affordable. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil $2-3
- 4 cups of spinach (fresh or frozen works) $3-4
- 1 1/2 cups of feta cheese $3-4
- 3 green onions (chopped) $2-3
- 8 eggs (beaten) $3-4
- 1 tsp of salt free seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash) $2-3
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 12 casserole dish with the olive oil or cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook spinach until wilted.
- Put spinach in bottom of dish, spread out.
- Add cheese into dish.
- Add the onions into dish.
- Mix the eggs with the seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach and cheese.
- Lightly mix with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.