If you are looking for an easy and sweet treat, look no further than this recipe. If you could tell I am a sucker for slow cooker recipes because I am a busy person (aren’t we all?). With this recipe you just have to add the ingredients and go. I do admit I was skeptical at first because you do not hear about a lot of dessert recipes involving slow cookers, but this one worked like a charm. Enjoy!
- 1 cup evaporated milk $2-3
- 2 cups milk (whole or 2% is fine) $2-3
- 1 cup of raw long grain rice $3-4
- 3/4 cup of sugar (1/2 cup if you don’t like it very sweet) $2-3
- 2 tbsp melted butter $2-3
- 1 tsp vanilla $2-3
- 1/4 tsp salt $2-3
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon $3-4
- non-stick cooking spray (such as Pam) $2-3
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
NOTE: if you find that the pudding is getting too thick as it is cooking you can always add more milk to thin it out.