I don’t know about you, but the only way I can tolerate the taste of tequila is if it is in a margarita. It also happens to be one of my favorite drinks. This recipe is great for relaxing by the pool with friends or even a (not so quiet) night in. This can be served on the rocks or blended. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pound of strawberries (frozen or fresh) $2-3
- 1 12 oz can of frozen lemonade (slightly thawed) $2-3
- 1 cup of silver tequila (100% agave) $10-20
- 1 cup of triple sec $10-20
- 1 lime $1-2
- Salt or sugar (whichever you prefer) $2-3
1. In a blender, combine strawberries, lemonade, and the juice from half of the lime. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour contents into a pitcher (with ice if you are serving it on the rocks) and stir in the tequila and triple sec. (salt rim of glasses at this point if you prefer)
3. Pour into a glass and garnish with slices of the rest of the lime. Enjoy!
Note: if you’d like to serve this on the rocks, let the lemonade and strawberries thaw before blending.